iOS 6 beta 1 jailbreak tweak compatibility list
For those tweakers who are interested in what jailbreak tweaks work in iOS 6 beta 1 or not, the below list is a good place to start. The list comes courtesy of an anonymous source, and includes the status of many popular tweaks. Check the list out below. As expected, very few tweaks and packages actually work. Command-line-based packages work fine (obviously), but packages that rely on Icon Support or even Notification Center will ultimately fail.
Device used: iPod touch 4G
- Some dependencies rely on other dependencies which may or may not work on iOS 6 (just yet).
- There were many problems with icons disappearing or magically reappearing, most of which were fixed after reboot.
- Cydia is semi-glitchy.
- After installing something from Cydia, you might have random apps crash or your SpringBoard glitch-out.
- Some freezing might occur, but the device will eventually catch up with itself.
- A respring or reboot fixes most problems.
Red = not working; Yellow = kind of working; Green = working.
Anything that relies on Icon Support or Notification Center doesn’t seem to work at this time.
- AppsCenter (Crashes when you try and open Notification Center.)
- Barrel (Default animation works fine, but nothing is configurable.)
- Five Icon Dock
- Forecast (Options are configurable, but the widget just doesn’t work.)
- Icon Support
- IntelliScreen X
- KillBackground (Stuck in respring loop. Tethered boot fixed it. No harm was done.)
- LibStatusBar (Might be working.)
- PreferenceLoader (Slight problem with text spacing.)
- ProTube (Crashes.)
- SBSettings (Respring when activated. Might be because of Activator?)
- Six Icon Dock
- Springtomize 2 (Settings app opens, settings change, but a respring later and nothing updates.)
- USPrefs (Can’t be tested.)
- Wee Roll
- Winterboard (Do NOT install. Application installs fine, but enabling a theme will cause a device crash. You’ll get stuck in a respring loop.)
- 7-zip (POSIX)
This list will be updated as more tweaks are tested. Follow @thetecherra to be alerted of what’s added to the list.